Saturday, January 17, 2015

3 Kid Things That I Cannot Stand

Being a parent for over 3 years now, I've come to realize that there are a handful of things that I really just can't stand, some of which my son absolutely loves. Ironic right? Aren't they supposed to be little mini you's who like and dislike everything the same as you? Evidently not. So what can't I stand? Read on my friend because one or all of these may be on your list too!


1. Fruit Snacks
Seriously, I loathe fruit snacks. Not because they're not tasty, and not because they're not affordable, but because they are the equivalent of crack for kids. I don't know what it is about fruit snacks, but on the rare occasion that I buy them for Little Mister he literally turns into a different child. He's demanding (well moreso than usual), screams when I tell him no more fruit snacks, and usually spends about 80% of his day asking me to get him another bag of fruit snacks. Whenever he goes to his friends house's whose moms frequently buy fruit snacks, he asks for them several times during our visit, resulting in me wanting to scream and him crying if I don't give in. The ONLY positive thing about fruit snacks is what Little Mister calls them..."snoot snacks". Probably the cutest thing ever.

2. Disposable Diapers
No, I'm not judging those who use disposable diapers as I myself have used them several times and about 90% of my friends use disposable diapers, but I just can't handle the way they smell. Little Boy was in disposable for the first 2 weeks as I didn't have enough newborn cloth diapers and couldn't keep up with the diaper laundry, and the whole time he was in them I could hardly stand to change his diaper. It just smelt so weird to me! I'm not a fan. That, and right before Little Mister potty trained he was in a disposable because after 2 1/2 years of using cloth on him I was just ready for a break before Little Boy arrived, so Little Mister had his tush in a Pampers. I had changed his diaper and within 30 minutes I noticed these little clear bead things on the ground where he had been playing. Not being sure what they were, I asked him if he had gotten into something and he came over and crouched down to see what I was looking at. He looked just as bewildered as I had so I picked up a couple of the little beads and smelt them (because, what else would a mom do?). They smelt like plastic and urine. Still confused as I didn't make the connection, I looked at Little Mister and noticed they were on his leg too (I probably should have mentioned he was rockin' the diaper only look) so I sent him to his bathroom so I could clean him up. As I followed behind him, the beads were falling out of his diaper and onto the floor. And not just a couple here and there, I'm talking huge clumps of them. When I took off Little Misters diaper I was horrified to see his entire little body covered in the beads. Thank you diaper for completely busting open for no reason, and covering my kid and house with your nasty little bead things. Since then, I just can't.

3. Legos
Yep, that's right. I can't stand Legos. I love them, but I absolutely hate them at the same time. I'm not talking about the "My First Legos" or the Duplo's, or whatever they're called, those are fine. I'm talking about the small legos that are made for older kiddo's to play with and design with. I have many happy childhood memories playing with this HUGE bag of lego's that were once my uncles, then mine, and now my cousins have them. As soon as they've grown tired of them they are then being passed to my boys, and when that day comes I am going to have a huge smile, and then go cry in a corner. Lego's are a fun and time consuming source of entertainment, but at the same time, they're a parents worst nightmare. Thousands of teeny tiny pieces that get stuck in the carpet, get flung into every nook and cranny of your home, and then seem to make it their mission to be right in the middle of the carpet for you to step on, when you're trying to walk through the house in the middle of the night. Have you ever stepped on a lego? I seriously think it would be more pleasant to wrestle a bear. So while I will admit that Legos are a ton of fun and really every kid should have a set or two, I also loathe them and am not looking forward to the Lego land minds that I will be dealing with in just a few short years!


What are some kid things that you just cannot stand? Do you agree with my list? I'd love to hear from you below!


Love our posts and giveaways? Please take a second to click the Top Mommy Blogs banner below and vote for us! You can vote once every 24 hours and we would be so grateful if you would!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory




2 comments:

  1. This made me giggle, but I totally agree. We've not really had to deal with fruit snacks, but I hate disposables too, even though we use them at night and when we're out and about longer than an hour. It's like Myka gets bored in the car and will drink her entire sippy cup in 5 minutes, so disposables are a necessary evil sometimes. We have had that problem with the diaper bursting open for no apparent reason and getting those gross little chemical beads all over Myka's booty too. Grr!

    We used to hate nesting blocks because she would want to play with them all the time, but she would get frustrated easily when they didn't go together right. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You are so funny! I hate the smell of the popular disposables too. We buy a special earth-friendly kind without the beads from Amazon because I can't stand the smell of the ones you can buy at the store!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.