Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Easy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels [Valentine's Day Treat]

Valentine's Day is right around the corner and it's time to start thinking about some tasty treats to make for your family! I personally hate buying candy, the main reason is because I end up eating it all! Ever since my pregnancy with Little Boy, one of my biggest cravings has been chocolate, and around the holidays I rediscovered my love for chocolate covered pretzels. While being rang up for $3.99 for a small bag at my local grocery store, it dawned on me that I could just make my own. It couldn't be hard, could it? When I set out to make them I realized just how simple they were and they tasted just like store bought, if not better! 
My favorite part about making your own chocolate dipped pretzels is that they're easy, and you can decorate them however you please. Red and green sprinkles or crushed candy canes for Christmas, white chocolate and rainbow colored sprinkles for birthday parties, or red and pink sprinkles for Valentine's Day! The possibilities are endless, so today I am going to share my Valentine's Day pretzels in hopes of inspiring you to make some tasty treats for your family, friends, and teachers!

Chocolate Dipped Pretzels seriously could not get any easier to make. It takes just a few minutes of your day and the result is fun, festive, and delicious! The best part is, they're extremely cost efficient because there are only 2-3 ingredients!

What You Need:

-Pretzels - I chose the classic pretzel because in my mind they looked like hearts which are perfect for Valentine's Day, but you could also grab pretzel rods, "dipping sticks", or whatever other shape of pretzel you find!
-Chocolate Chips - The sky's the limit. Dark, Semi Sweet, Milk, White...whatever you want! I chose Semi Sweet because that's what we had on hand, but I've also used dark and they were equally as delicious.
-Sprinkles or some other candy topping


What You Need To Do:

First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or tin foil. 

In a microwave safe bowl, put about a cup of chocolate chips and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave (careful it'll be hot!) and stir. 

Place back in the microwave and heat for another 30 seconds. Remove again and stir consistently until all of the chocolate melts. I usually don't need longer than a minute total in the microwave but if you need to continue microwaving, do so in 10 second intervals and stir after each one so that you don't burn the chocolate. 

Take your pretzel and dip it into the chocolate. You may need to use a spoon to help get an even coat of chocolate on your pretzel. You can do as much or as little chocolate as you wish!

Hold your pretzel (dipped in chocolate) above a bowl and add your sprinkles and/or other candies. Place on your lined baking sheet and allow to fully dry/harden (about 2-3 hours) before consuming. 

Store in an airtight container in a cool location, and enjoy!





Love our posts and giveaways? Please take a second to click the Top Mommy Blogs banner below and vote for us! You can vote once every 24 hours and we would be so grateful if you would!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory




1 comment:

  1. Yum! I really need to try making these. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.