Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Take Hyland's 7 Day Sleep Challenge

Do you have trouble sleeping? Being a mommy (or daddy), broken sleep comes without fail when you have little ones to take care of, so how do you make the sleep that you do get, a good nights sleep? There are many things that one can do to get a good nights sleep, but I want to know, what works for you?

Honestly, I am extremely blessed to have an amazing sleeper. Not to boast, but Baby A has slept through the night (7pm-7am) pretty much from the beginning, and although I usually get a pretty restful sleep, there are often nights that my sleep is broken due to tossing and turning, way to realistic nightmares, or whatever else may cause me to have a bad nights sleep! So what do I do to fix that? Honestly there are many things that help me have a better night's sleep and these are simple and easy things that you can do for yourself as well! 

  • Do not drink caffeine (any caffeinated drinks- coffee, soda, energy drinks, etc) after 12:00pm. This may be just my personal experience with it, but any time I drink anything caffeinated after noon I am up until at least one or two AM. Not fun.
  • Do not eat sugar after 6:00pm. Sugar will give you energy for a short while before the crash. If you eat sugar to close to bedtime then you will be wired and unable to fall asleep and then you will feel horrible when the 'crash' happens. Usually I toss and turn on nights that I have sugar late.
  • Don't go to bed with your stomach to full or to empty! If I go to bed super full I feel sluggish and bloated which usually causes me to toss and turn because I am uncomfortable however, if I go to bed hungry then my empty, growling stomach usually keeps me up or wakes me up in the middle of the night. 
  • Exercise Multiple Times a Week! I wish I took my own advice on this one, I am HORRIBLE at exercising and I really need to get back into the groove. Prior to Baby A I actually worked at a gym and felt amazing when I worked out regularly. Not only will you feel better and look better, but you'll sleep better too! 
Want to take it even further than that?
  • Cut Caffeine out of your diet completely. I know, I know, you're most likely laughing at me right now and quite frankly I am laughing at myself! There's no way I could live without my cup of joe in the morning and I don't expect you to either, but those who avoid caffeine tend to have a better nights sleep! Just sayin'.
  • Cut out unnatural sugars from your diet. This is a hard one because sugar is in everything but there's a difference between natural sugar and processed sugar so help yourself by reading labels and avoiding processed foods. Your rest and relaxation will improve by doing so.
  • Work Out DAILY! Bahahahaah now I really wish I could take my own advice. Seriously though, people who work out daily sleep so much sounder. 

Are you ready to take Hyland's 7 Day Sleep Challenge?


Hyland's wants YOU to take their 7 Day Sleep Challenge and share you stories on how you get a restful nights sleep! Use this link to visit Hyland's Facebook and share your ideas on how to get a better nights sleep, the register to win Rest & Relaxation Gift Baskets that will include:

Hyland’s products:
Calms Forte, Nerve Tonic, Leg Cramps PM 
As Well As:
Lily’s Sweet’s chocolate (4 bars, one of each flavor) , Aura Cacia aromatherapy Pillow Potion and Relaxing Lavender Bath Salts, Theo drinking chocolate, Madhava organic honey, Mack’s ear plugs, and Choice Tea. 

Make sure you enter the Hyland's 7 Day Sleep Challenge, using this link, between March 11th-18th!

Have fun & Good Luck!



*Mommys Craft Obsession is a Hyland's Ambassador and has been not been compensated monetarily for this post, but with free trial product.


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!









Advertisement


You've made the switch to cloth for your little one,
 now why not make the switch for yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.