Monday, September 3, 2012

Bountiful Baskets

One of the mamas in my online moms group has been participating in a food co-op program called Bountiful Baskets for quiet a while now. She absolutely loves it so I thought I'd check their website to see if they had I in my area! To my surprise, they did!! I was so excited and I couldn't wait to order our basket!!

Bountiful Baskets offers produce baskets along with many other food add ons for an extremely affordable price. It is $15 for a basket and $25 for an organic basket. They also offer foods such as breads, tortillas, granola, and other things of short for usually around $10-12 for quantities of around 5. Needless to say, I was so excited to order!!

Since Mr Hunky has been on his organic kick lately, I was peer fiancé pressured into buying the organic basket. I really didn't want to, but for him, I did. I ordered my basket Monday at noon from their website and printed the receipt as told. The whole week dragged on until Saturday morning when we could go get our produce! When we arrived at 9:30am (our pick up time) we were confused to see that there were a ton of empty baskets and people waiting around. Shouldn't things be ready to go by now? I went up to one of the lead volunteers and told them this was our first basket and asked what was going on. Apparently the truck was on the wrong week schedule and went to a week B distribution location rather than week A. It ended up working out fine, I actually liked being able to see the veggies come off of the truck and being organized per basket.

What I didn't like, was the organic basket. Our basket came presorted in a basket and let me just tell you, I was not impressed. 95% of it was fruit, and mystery fruit to me! The veggies we got was a leek, some strange lettuce and baby broccoli. Seriously?! I was rather dissapointed after seeing what yummy things went into the non organic basket. I looked at Mr Hunky and told him next time I'm getting normal whether he liked it or not.

Overall I think Bountiful Baskets is a great organization and I will be doing it again, however, I highly recommend saving your money and just getting a regular basket!

Click HERE to check out Bountiful Baskets for yourself!


Everything From Our Organic Produce Box

Non Organic Produce Basket





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.