Sunday, March 1, 2015

Fun in the Sun With the Urbini Emi Travel System #IC #Urbini

*I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Urbini. I received an Urbini stroller to facilitate my review as well as thank me for my participation.*

When it comes to strollers, I will admit that I have a mild obsession. There's something about getting a new stroller, putting it together, that new stroller smell...well, you get the picture.

When I first laid eyes on the Urbini stroller it was instant love. I was impressed by how sleek the stroller looked and I was shocked that it was a Walmart exclusive. Thumbs up for Walmart on nabbing this one. When I had the opportunity to review the Urbini Emi Travel System I jumped on it, because, well, new stroller. 

When the Urbini Emi Travel System arrived I was very excited and pretty bummed that I had to wait until Little Boy woke up before I could rip open the box and test it out! The box was huge, which was to be expected with a travel system, but the stroller was extremely easy to piece together. Snap in the wheels, attach the parent and child tray's and done. Within 15 minutes of Little Boy waking up from his nap I was able to stick him in the stroller and take him for a spin around the house. It was instant love for both of us.


I'm sorry to say that unfortunately for mom (me), it wasn't instant love with the car seat. I'm not a fan of writing negative reviews so rather than focus on the car seat which I didn't love, I'm going to focus on the stroller which I did love. So lets briefly chat about the car seat and move on, shall we?

The Urbini Emi Travel System includes the lightweight, Urbini Santi Infant Car Seat which is designed to accommodate infants from 4-35 pounds, and up to 32 inches long. The car seat is equipped with LATCH and an adjustable base, making it easy to install in your vehicle. The car seat has a 5 point safety harness and crash and side impact protection. The car seat ascetically is beautiful, it has a sleek design, has a handle that is comfortable to carry, and it is truly a lightweight car seat. While it does have some positives, it is my honest opinion that the car seat just isn't up to par with my standards. I take car seat safety extremely serious and for my children, even the best is not good enough. I'm sure you have similar feelings about your little ones - you can never be to safe. While I liked the design of the Santi Infant Car Seat, I just wasn't impressed with the overall quality. The seat itself is hard as a rock, your child is literally sitting on a plastic car seat with a fabric cover. There is no additional cushion for your child, with exception of a newborn insert that fits into the seat, but even that does not add additional comfort. In addition to the seat not being very comfortable, I personally felt that the structure of the car seat (the plastic) was not the highest of quality. I do know that all car seats have to meet a certain standard and being that it is on the market it did pass those standards, but I am sad to report that it just didn't meet my mom standards and I personally will not be using the car seat with Little Boy. Which is disappointing because like I said and as you can see below, this car seat truly does look high quality and sleek! 


So now you know how I feel about the car seat, lets move onto the stroller because that I absolutely adore!


I have had the opportunity to lay my hands on many strollers, be it for review or that I have purchased myself, and while there are always features that I enjoy, there is only one stroller that I have truly fallen in love with and to myself that I wouldn't get rid of it until I was 100% certain that I was done having children and those children no longer needed a stroller. Yes, I love it that much. But let me just tell you, this stroller is a top contender. It makes me now question which stroller I would grab if there was a house fire and I had time to grab a stroller. The Urbini Emi Stroller took me by surprise and is now a new favorite. Since taking it out and about, I have received many compliments on it as well, and who doesn't enjoy a compliment on their stroller? 

One of the things that first sold me on the Emi Stroller was the sunshade/canopy. Living in Arizona, that sun is pretty brutal majority of the year, so having optimal sun protection for my little's is a must.  The second thing that sold me is the fact that the Emi Stroller holds up to a fifty (50) pound child, which means that Little Mister can easily use this stroller too! For me that was huge. I do have a double stroller but honestly, it's a monstrosity and such a pain to lug around; I would much rather throw Little Mister in the Emi stroller, Little Boy in the Boba carrier, and be on my way. 

While I'm on the subject of what 'sold' me on the stroller, I want to talk about the parent tray. There's a closer photo of it further in the review, but the parent tray includes two cup holders and a wide area that is perfect for a small snack, your phone, iPod, or whatever else you may need to throw up there. I wholeheartedly appreciate that there is a parent tray included with the stroller, it's such a necessity and honestly it bugs me when you have to purchase a tray separately. 


Another great feature of the Emi Stroller is the adjustable leg rest. Whether I'm pushing Little Boy or Little Mister, I can quickly and easily adjust the stroller to fit either son. For Little Boy I typically keep the leg rest straight out (middle photo), but I love that it has the option of folding up (first photo)  to safely enclose him in the stroller. That feature is fantastic for keeping your infants blanket, toy, or pacifier from falling out onto the dirty ground! Little Mister always rides with the leg rest completely down since his legs are long!


The Emi Stroller also includes a roomy basket for coats, a small diaper bag, extra snacks, or whatever you are hauling with you, and there is also a unique zippered compartment for valuables such as your phone, keys, wallet, or anything else that you don't want just sitting out in the open. The child's tray (blue) completely detaches from the stroller, but also detaches from the black bar that is is hooked to, which in turn then makes the stroller compatible to use with the Santi Infant Car Seat as a travel system. You cannot turn the stroller into a travel system with the child's tray in place! The stroller features a safe and comfortable 5 point harness, yet it can also be changed into a 3 point harness which is great for when Little Mister rides, as I feel he is old enough to not need the shoulder straps. The parent tray is large and functional, and the padded handle bar can be adjusted in two positions for  comfort depending on your height. 


Being that the handle on the Emi stroller is adjustable, big brother is also able to push his little brother while we're out on walks! The stroller is light and easy for him to navigate while on the sidewalk and he absolutely loves that he gets to help out with his brother!


The final feature that I want to touch on with this stroller is the deep recline and the ability to transform the stroller into a bassinet. I LOVE this feature and because it has it, I am able to bring the stroller into our backyard to soak up the sun and watch Little Mister play, while Little Boy lounges and naps comfortably in his stroller. The recline is easy to pull down and push up, and you simply snap together the leg rest to the stroller to create an enclosed bassinet for your little one!


The Urbini Emi stroller is sleek, light weight, and practical for the every day parent. While I wasn't impressed with the infant car seat that is included in this travel system, it honestly wouldn't detour me from purchasing it just to have the stroller!


To Purchase: Visit Walmart's website and grab an Emi Travel System for just $249. The Emi Travel System is available in 3 beautiful colors; Viola, Electric Blue, and Red!


I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Urbini. I received an Urbini stroller to facilitate my review as well as thank me for my participation. This review is 100% original and in my own words. Everything written is from my own personal view point and opinions and I have not been influenced by any outside sources. What works for me, may not work for you. All photos have been taken by me unless stated otherwise. I have been provided with product to review by Urbini and Influencer Activation however I have not been compensated monetarily for this review. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.


Love our posts and giveaways? Please take a second to click the Top Mommy Blogs banner below and vote for us! You can vote once every 24 hours and we would be so grateful if you would!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.