Friday, October 10, 2014

Disney On Ice Let's Celebrate Performance Review!

*Mommy's Obsessions received complimentary Disney On Ice tickets to facilitate this review. All thoughts and opinions are our own.*

You may remember that a few weeks ago I reached out to local Tucson and Southern Arizona families about Disney On Ice coming to the Tucson Convention Center, and last night I was lucky enough to go to opening night! I have to say first and foremost that I couldn't help but laugh at myself several times during the night. As most of you know I am very pregnant at this point, just 9 days away from my due date, and although I like to think I've had a pretty good pregnancy, I found myself having some tell tale pregnancy signs last night - shortness of breathe, extreme cravings for the junk food, and having to head to the restroom more times than I can count, all while hiking up several flights of stairs! My friends were having fun giggling at my waddling self up until the show started and the magic of the night began! 

This year's Disney On Ice was the theme of "Let's Celebrate", which was constructed of several ice skating pieces in different themes of celebration - from birthday to Christmas, we were transported into a gorgeous scene for each celebration and amazed with the beauty of the skating performances. 


Learning from last year that we needed to arrive early, myself and Little Mister, my good friend Amanda, and her two kids pulled into the Tucson Convention Center parking lot about 5 minutes to 6:00pm (show started at 7:00pm) and we were thrilled that there was still a ton of close parking. Last year we had to park several blocks away due to our late arrival, and this year I was really hoping for closer parking so I wouldn't have to waddle so far. Upon picking up my tickets I was generously given a program (available outside of the show for $20) for the evening and we couldn't wait to get inside and see what kind of goodies we could grab before the show!

As with anything Disney related, be prepared to spend some money while you're at the show. Being that we live so far from Disneyland and Disneyworld, Mr. Hunky knows that Disney On Ice is my once a year, "cheap" fix to some Disney, so he doesn't mind that we pick up a few souvenirs that we don't necessarily need! This year I decided to splurge on a lemonade purely for the super cute Mickey Mouse cup ($12) and I grabbed Little Mister a fun light up/spinning toy ($22), and a bucket of popcorn to snack on during the show ($12). Also being pregnant and always hungry, I grabbed some nachos and a soft pretzel from the concession stand before heading to our seats. 

If you have never been to a Disney On Ice show, pre-show and during intermission they also have staff walking around the sections of the stadium with goodies that you can purchase such as snow cones in a souvenir cup (ranging from $12-15), light up toys (ranging from $20-28), popcorn in a souvenir bucket ($12), cotton candy that includes a princess crown that can be taken home to decorate ($13), and around the convention center they have several booths with even more toys, clothing, and food items for you to browse and purchase. 


As I mentioned above, this year's Disney On Ice was all about celebrations - birthdays, Halloween, Valentines Day, Christmas, etc. It was a ton of fun to see all of the different things that we celebrate come to life with our favorite Disney characters! Out of the night, my two favorite performances were the Halloween Celebration and the Valentines Day Celebration. 

The Halloween Celebration featured all of our favorite Disney Villains, even a few that I wasn't expecting to see such as Jafar and the witch from Snow White! Little Mister has been obsessed with Halloween so the entire time he was clapping and saying "Happy Halloween", and he was so excited to see Captain Hook be one of the first villains to grace us with his presence!


As much as I loved the Halloween Celebration and seeing all of the villains, I am a Disney Princess at heart so my favorite performance of the night was the Valentines Day Celebration that featured all of our favorite Disney sweethearts. The skating was beautiful and it was so fun to see characters that I wasn't expecting to see such as Mulan and Price Naveen + Princess Tiana! The act opened with Minnie Mouse wishing for a prince of her own and her fairy godmother coming to her aide to bring her Prince Mickey. During Minnie's "dream", each Disney Princess skated with her prince, and at the end all of our princes's and princesses came out to skate to the song "That's How You Know" from the movie Enchanted. 


My friend Amanda loved this performance so much, I can't help but embarrass her a little and tell you what she said! First, she couldn't believe that Mickey was hidden in the fountain (*spoiler* at the end he popped out of the top of it) and she said "It was so magical I was practically crying!". Yes folks, a grown woman loved it THAT MUCH! And I did too! 

Below is a snippet of the Valentines Day Celebration performance, I apologize that it may not be the best quality - when I uploaded it to YouTube it compressed the file to much and made it very blurry, so I'm hoping that this video will give you enough of a sneak peek to get you excited about the show!


Unfortunately during intermission my camera died and I was unable to get any more pictures, but there were a few more wonderful performances after intermission including the Holiday Celebration and even a performance with the Toy Story Characters!

We absolutely loved the show and always have so much fun when going to Disney On Ice! It is a yearly splurge that I look forward to taking my little guy to and I highly recommend that you take your family to it as well, when one comes to your area! Although the souvenirs can get a little pricey, tickets are extremely affordable ranging from $20-$35 per person (at least at the Tucson Convention Center, tickets may vary in your area), and you are guaranteed a very memorable night full of family fun! 


This review is 100% original and in my own words. Everything written is from my own personal view point and opinions and I have not been influenced by any outside sources. What works for me, may not work for you. All photos have been taken by me unless stated otherwise. I was provided by complimentary tickets to the show by by Disney On Ice however I have not been compensated monetarily for this review. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

Love our posts and giveaways? Please take a second to click the Top Mommy Blogs banner below and vote for us! You can vote once every 24 hours and we would be so grateful if you would!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.