Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Classic Cookie: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip


Before I start this, let me just say that I know that chocolate chip cookie recipes are a dime a dozen. I have tried out probably about 50+ different recipes and I have yet to find a recipe that makes me stop looking. After encouragement from Mr. Hunky I decided to start "tweaking" recipes and came to a recipe that we both loved. This time around I decided to add oatmeal because I was craving oatmeal cookies!


Now, I'm sure somewhere on the internet you will find my recipe again because lets be real, there are about 5 million chocolate chip cookie recipes, so just know that I came to this recipe through experiementation! I always give credit where credit is due! 

What You Need:

1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
2 Egg
3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar
3/4 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
1 3/4 Cup of Flour
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla
3/4 Cup of Quick Oats
Chocolate Chips (I never measure these!)

What You Need To Do: 

Preheat the oven to 375* and in your stand mixer cream together the butter, vegetable oil, both sugars. Next, add in the eggs and the vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, baking soda, salt, and oats,  then slowly combine them with your sugar mixture. Once ingredients are combined, add in the chocolate chips! 


Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper then roll about a tablespoon of cookie dough into balls and place them about 2 inches apart.


Bake (at 375*) between 10-12 minutes, or adjust according to your oven!


These cookies are delicious and have just the right amount of oats! A classic cookie that the entire family will love! Enjoy!





Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


1 comment:

  1. I will be trying this recipe but adding a few things to make them lactation cookies..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.