Sunday, July 21, 2013

Applesauce Banana Bread by Renae


My name is Renae. I am a military member turned military wife turned working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I have done it all it seems! I have three beautiful children, a boy and two girls. I blog over at More ThanMommy, where I talk about life, crafts, recipes and more! You can also check me out on Facebook here. If you enjoy this recipe, you should check out some of the others in my recipe section. I promise you won’t be disappointed! I look forward to seeing you all there.

 
I love to bake homemade treats for my family as often as I can. Today, I am going to share with you my recipe for Applesauce Banana Bread. I love this recipe, as it is really moist, and super flavorful. It’s also a great one to keep in mind for when you have bananas that are overripe, but you don’t want to waste them.




Ingredients:
2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
¼ Teaspoon of Salt
½ Cup of Butter (Softened)
¾ Cup of Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
3-5 Overripe Bananas
½ Cup of Cinnamon Applesauce or regular Applesauce and ½ Tablespoon of Cinnamon

First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and spray your 9 x 5 loaf pan. 

Next, combine flour, baking soda, salt, butter, and eggs. Set the bowl aside, and mash your bananas and mix in your applesauce. 

Now, fold your applesauce/banana mixture into your flour mixture.

 Bake for 1 hour and insert a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done! (Sometimes you might have to do this a couple of times, to make sure you didn’t hit a chunk of banana.) The applesauce makes this bread really nice and moist, so be careful when removing it from your pan. 


Slice and enjoy!






Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. Nice recipe. Thanks for the added insight about the toothpick hitting chunks of banana. Great point!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.