Monday, June 17, 2013

Video Chat, Text, AND Send Photos with OkHello!

Are you an iPhone user? Love video chatting with your friends and family, sending texts, and sending photos? Me too. My family and I always Facetiming but the problem with Facetiming is that you have to be within your wireless network to do so! What if my wireless goes out?! Thankfully I was just introduced to an amazing new app, OkHello, and I'm about to introduce you to it now! Trust me, you'll thank me later.

Photo Credits: OkHello

*I have been monetarily compensated for the review and promotion of this application. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

OkHello is a new app for iPhones that makes group video chat fun, fast, and spontaneous. Why waste time trying to schedule FaceTime chats or Skype calls when you can turn a simple chat message into a video chat? 

OkHello is a completely free app allows you to start "rooms" with multiple family members or friends to easily create a shared space for you to share photos, videos, text chats, and then easily turn your conversations into video chats! You can even video chat with more than one person at a time! OkHello is secure and safe for families and creates a more comfortable environment than social media websites. It's also much easier to use than FaceTime, Skype, and other various social media networks!

Photo Credits: OkHello


OkHello contacted me and asked me to check out their app and I immediately said yes since my family and I always video chat! We primarily use FaceTime since we all have iPhones but on the off chance that one of us is not around our wireless network, we have been using another app called Tango, which none of us really loved, but it got the job done so we utilized it when we needed to. I was excited to download the OkHello app and take it for a spin. Of course, I called my momma and asked her to download it as well so that we could test it out. I downloaded the app, fired it up, went through the set up process, and had my mom do the same. Once we were both set up with the free OkHello accounts I created a "room" for me and my mom and took the app for a spin. If you want to video chat, you slide the camera icon to the 'on' position and it will automatically start ringing. At the bottom of the screen you will see that it shows you who you are calling and it will also give you the opportunity to end the call and to record a video message instead. If you're not utilizing the video chat, you can choose to text, record video, share your location, take photos, or upload a photo from you camera roll to share with your friends and family. If you are utilizing the video chat you may choose to switch the camera, mute the camera, or pause the video chat. You may also choose to leave the group chat room if you no longer wish to be in it!


I had an absolutely fantastic experience using OkHello's video chat. Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to utilize the group video chat feature because as it turned out, all of my family happened to be together at my grandpa's house for Father's Day dinner! I was pretty excited to see my beautiful mom, my crazy uncle, my uncles awesome girlfriend, and my little cousin! We had lots of fun laughing and making faces at each other through the video chat. One of the first things out of both mine and my moms mouths was "wow, this is awesome"! Not only was the picture crystal clear but the color was vibrant, the audio was crisp, and the entire app overall was user friendly. We had no problem with the app not being on a wireless network and there was no delay on either end during the 20 minute (or so) conversation!



I am so grateful that OkHello contacted me to review their app otherwise I may have never of known about such a gem! I have already deleted my other video chat app and I intend have my entire family download it so that we can use OkHello frequently. I highly recommend this app to anyone who loves to chat with their friends and family, I promise you'll fall in love with it!

Download the FREE OkHello App! 

*This review is 100% original and in my own words. Everything written is from my own personal view point and opinions, what works for me, may not work for you. All photos have been taken by me unless stated otherwise. I have been compensated by OkHello to promote their app and for my honest thoughts and opinions. 







Love this blog? 
Vote for us daily so we can continue to bring you great giveaways!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!




1 comment:

  1. what are you suppose to do if it says that it cant create a new roon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.