Saturday, April 20, 2013

Easy, Raw Cookie Dough Bites


Hey Guys, it's Rebecca!

I LOVE sweets.  I really really do.  I am worse than a little kid.  If I want something sweet, I am a bear until I get it.  That is not something I am proud of.  Since my husband and I decided to be more wary of what products we use around the house as far as chemicals and other nasty things, we also made a choice to eat more natural and organic.  So, no more cookies and breads and sweets that not only do I love to eat, but I loved to bake as well.  And, I might add, I am a really good baker!

This change leads me to this recipe.  It whips up super fast and really curbs my sugar mania episodes! So here it is!

Ingredients:

2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup of raw agave nectar (I used honey)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 TBSP raw cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips (organic)



Instructions:

1. In a food processor, process almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt until it is a fine meal.
2. Add the agave (honey) and vanilla and process until mixed.
3. Add the cacao nibs or chocolate chips and pulse until combined.
4. Roll the dough in our hands to form balls about 1 tsp each and place them on a cookie sheet pan lined with parchment paper. OR I use a melon baller to form mine.  They turn into half circles, but you can pack the dough in them to ensure they stick together!   Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up.  Store in a tightly covered container in the freezer.


Yum!

Now, remember, if you are using honey, use local for the best health benefits and support small businesses!

I have also substituted the almonds for Brazil nuts.  I have also used sunflower seeds in place of the almonds.  Just go raw when you can so you get the most health benefits out of unprocessed nuts.

I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know what you think!


                                                   







Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!







Advertisement


You've made the switch to cloth for your little one,
 now why not make the switch for yourself?

3 comments:

  1. And I just pinned this recipe to try. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. I love natural treats like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...I will definitely try this one out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.