Thursday, April 25, 2013

Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Hi everyone! I thought I would share another super easy (and healthy!) recipe with you all! Now, I know that oatmeal is not a time consuming item to make. But, I will save ANY time I can in the morning. Upon waking, my baby, F., wants to be held by Mommy. ( I think he misses me at night :) ) My oldest son, M., just wants to eat in the morning! And he would like oatmeal. Every. Day. As I have mentioned, we try to avoid grains and refined sugars, so I have been looking for new tricks to entice him. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided to tweak it to fit for my family.
 Enjoy!

Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

 First- butter the bottom of the crock pot. This oatmeal will stick to the pot and be a nasty mess! You can use coconut oil or butter.

 Slice up two apples and place them in the bottom of the crock pot.






Add 1/4 cup of brown sugar (I used coconut sugar),
1 tsp of cinnamon
pinch of salt
Pour 2 cups of oatmeal (gluten free if you have them!)
2 cups of milk (I used almond/coconut milk)
2 cups of water.

Do NOT stir the mixture.
Place on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
In the morning, I added honey and cinnamon and a splash of coconut milk.
It was super delish! The family ate it up!

Hope you enjoy making this!











Love this blog? 
Vote for us daily so we can continue to bring you great giveaways!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!




Advertisement

You've made the switch to cloth for your little one,
 now why not make the switch for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.