Monday, January 14, 2013

Woolzies Dryer Balls Review


Today's review is not apart of the Kickin' It Off With Cloth Event, although it very well could be. Did you know that dryer sheets are not safe for cloth diapers and that they are packed full of chemicals? When you put a dryer sheet into your laundry you are adding in chemicals to your clothing that not only affects the life span of fabrics and pigments, but can also cause skin irritations and possibly allergic reactions. That doesn't sound like fun now does it? So why do people add dryer sheets to their laundry? Yes, it does help with static, but what else does it do? Not a whole lot. Have you ever thought about switching to dryer balls? 

What on Earth is a dryer ball? A dryer ball is literally just a wool ball. That's it! It may not sound like much, but Woolzies Dryer Balls will change your life in just one simple step....by putting the dryer balls in the dryer! 

Woolzies is a family owned company based out of Southern New York who presents themselves to you with one simple mission, "we intend to pass down this earth to our children in the same beautiful condition that we received it from our parents". They fulfill this mission by producing a 100% natural dryer ball that will not only reduce static, but it also softens your clothes naturally, helps with wrinkles, cuts your drying time down by 25%, and saves energy. Woolzies dryer balls are sold in packs of 6 and are perfectly safe for those even with wool allergies. 




Woolzies generously sent me a pack of their dryer balls to review for you! I have used dryer balls in the past, but thanks to Baby A and Little L (our puppy, previously mentioned) all but two of my dryer balls have disappeared. Needless to say I was very excited to have the opportunity to review Woolzies and start using dryer balls again! Woolzies Dryer Balls come in sets of six as I mentioned above, but being that there were six to a set I was expecting the dryer balls to be on the smaller side. I was wrong! 


If you are familiar with the iPhone, specifically the iPhone 4S, you will see that a Woozlies Dry Ball is approximately over half the size of an iPhone and a little bit wider. Six of them in your laundry is sure to reduce your drying time!


I placed all six of the dryer balls into my dryer and added in a load of Baby A's laundry. On average it takes between 45-60 minutes to dry Baby A's clothes depending on the amount of laundry in there, but with the help of Woolzies Dryer Balls it cut the dry time down to 38 minutes! I was very impressed! Along with cutting the drying time down I also noticed that there was less static in his clothes. I bet your wondering, did I hear the dryer balls while the dryer was on? Hardly. I won't say that I couldn't hear them, but they were very faint. Baby A's bedroom shares a wall with our laundry room so I always worry about waking him up with the noise of the dryer, but even with the dryer balls my little man slept soundly!


Dryer balls are awesome for anyone who wants to not only eliminate harsh chemicals, but for those who also want to live a little greener and save money too. One package of dryer balls can save you money in so many different ways whether it be from not having to buy dryer sheets, and lowering your electricity bill, but also by helping to preserve your cloths and keep them looking newer for longer! If you cloth diaper, or just want to help yourself and the environment then pick up a box of Woolzies Dryer Balls today!

Click HERE to go shopping!
Click HERE to become a fan of Woolzies on Facebook!

*This review is 100% original and in my own words. Everything written is from my own personal view point and opinions, what works for me, may not work for you. All photos have been taken by me unless stated otherwise. I have been provided with product to review by Woolzies however I have not been compensated monetarily for this review.


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!



2 comments:

  1. I would love to try these out! I love reading your product reviews, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.