Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cream Cheese Lemon Bars


Photobucket

Hi Mommy's Craft Obsession readers!
It's Kim from My Life According to Pinterest here to share a super yummy recipe:

Cream Cheese Lemon Bars

I had to bring a dish to the NYE party we went to last week and if there is one thing I am it's a dessert lover, so I decided to try out a new dessert I found on Pinterest.  My grandma used to make these amazing lemon meringue and key lime pies when I was younger, so I grew up loving lemon and lime flavors.  These cream cheese lemon bars are yummy and easy to make.  They turned out well, but next time I'll add more lemon zest because I like lemon and limey things to be nice and tart.  You can always add more or less zest depending on how tart you like your citrus desserts.  I adapted this recipe from Jam Hands.

Ingredients

Crust:
1 lemon cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg

Filling:
1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
2 eggs
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, melted
3  3/4 cup powdered sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice from 1/2 a lemon

1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. For the crust, mix together the dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg.  
Mix well. The mixture will be somewhat thick. 
Press into a greased 9×13 baking pan and set aside.



3. For the filling, beat cream cheese until smooth. 
Add the vanilla extract, eggs, melted butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest. 

4.   Mix together well and add powdered sugar. 
Mix until the powdered sugar is fully incorporated.


5. Spread filling over crust.



6.  Bake for 38-42 minutes, until lightly brown and 
when gently shaken the center will only slightly jiggle.



7. Cool and cut into small bars. 
(I cooled mine in the fridge for a little bit before I cut them.)  

8.  Dust with powdered sugar if desired.



A Special Thanks to Kim at My Life According to Pinterest for this Wonderful Post!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!



1 comment:

  1. MMM! Thanks for the recipe it looks so good can't wait to try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.