Friday, September 28, 2012

Mickey Mouse Birthday Party

Since the day that Baby A was born, I knew that I was going to throw him a fun first birthday party that I did myself. A DIY birthday party. Little did I know that it was a TON of work to DIY a birthday party! It literally took me weeks to make the decorations and hours of preparation for the food. I thought that at least the food would be a quick process since it was all finger foods but to my dismay, it still took a lot of preperation to get the party ready. So I bet you're wondering what the heck I made for the party right? The best part of DIY decorations is that you can reuse them! I'm reusing the wall decorations for the Infantino Squeeze Party & Review that I'm hosting! I love multifunctional. Everything posted will have it's own DIY post in the near future.


I started with making the wall decor. My house is fairly bare. We rent our home and we decided not to go overboard with decorating since we are not sure what the layout of our future purchased home will be. So I took this oppertunity to make some wall cut outs for the party!

This picture has been altered by Instagram.
Follow Mommyscraftobsession to see more photos.



 


The food is what took the most work but it was also a lot of fun! I made Mickey Oreo Pops, Mickey Oreo cookies, vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with an Oreo buttercream frosting and Mickey ears, funfetti cake batter dip with pretzels and vanilla wafers, fruit salad, chips and french onion dip, cheese, salami, and crackers, and I purchased a veggie tray. We had Mickey Mouse Clubhouse plates and napkins, along with Mickey Ears for all of the parents and kiddos to wear while they were at the party! Baby A dressed in his Mickey Mouse onesie and had his ears on as well!






As I said above I plan on posting DIY posts throughout the weekend on everything that I made so please stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.