Thursday, August 9, 2012

When Life Takes Over

I want to start this off by apologizing for being MIA the last few days and having such short bloggings for you to read. Life has seemed to have taken over and has eaten me up in the process. Seriously, I've been in bed before 10pm nightly from exhaustion.

Baby A is EVERYWHERE! I can hardly keep up with him, my house looks like a bomb went off and everywhere I turn something is open. Drawers, cabinets, and closets are now being opened by Baby A and bedroom doors are wig shut. Someone has figured out the mystery of controlled movement. He knows how to clap now which is adorable, anything exciting happens and Baby A now claps about it. He's also figuring out how to wave by waving at nothing and at himself.

Baby As first birthday is quickly approaching and I am preparing for his Mickey Mouse birthday party by making his invitations. I know a lot of kids have Mickey Mouse birthdays and it isn't exactly the most original thing in the world but I felt it was fitting after our first Disneyland a few months back and the fact that he's obsessed with his black and white Mickey (pictured below). Thanks to Pinterest, I have a LOT of ideas in store and I will be putting today a DIY: Mickey Themed Birthday post next month. In honor of little mans birthday, both sets d grandparents will be flying out and I am so so excited for that.

It has been a HORRIBLE two weeks for bag purchases for me. Somehow I've gotten screwed out of three bags that I really wanted and one bag I ordered was hideous so I returned it. Okay, it wasn't hideous it was actually quite beautiful but the bag style just wasn't for me. Bummer. I'm hoping that means I have some luck built up in time for the PPB outlet sale happening in the next month or so.

Mr Hunky's had a schedule change so we are trying to adjust to that and begin a new routine. This means I'm back to making lots of homemade meals! Two nights ago was roasted chicken (recipe in archives), last night was chicken cuban pizzas (recipe in archives), tonight is enchilada soup!! I'm very excited to finally make this enchilada soup, I've been dying to make it since my aunt told me about it almost a year ago! Since my crock pot was in storage up until the move, the opportunity never came up, but today I decided was the day to make it! The recipe will be posted tonight so you can make it for your family this week or weekend!

We've been getting some fresh air by taking Mrs. Bow Jangles to the dog park a lot, not only does she have fun, we have fun too by being out in the community. Being out in the community does have its complications though, to my dismay a very rude old woman attempted to scold me when I was getting Baby A out of the car at the dog park. Her remark was "You bring your baby to the dog park?" in a very rude and snide tone. I was so put off I couldn't even come up with a witty comeback. It infuriated me though- yes, I brought my baby to the dog park, should I have left him at home alone? Or perhaps in the hot car? Some people really just need to learn to keep to themselves.

After that woman put a damper on things I took Mrs. Bow Jangles home and went and got a coffee. Why is it that coffee cures all? Seriously, whether it be a coffee after a walk in the farmers market or a coffee after someone is rude, you always feel happy, content and calm after coffee. At least I do! Maybe that's the mommy in me. It does make me laugh when people get my name wrong though. You never thought that ALEX would be a hard name right? But oh no, my alter ego ALICE is the one who always get the Starbucks. Maybe I just don't enunciate? Although I think I speak rather clearly.

Another thought I had earlier was that I absolutely cannot wait until fall. I'm a TV junky and I desperately miss my shows being on. I'm looking forward to being able to zone into the "boob tube" and catch some tv drama. Some of the shows I watch are Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Scandal, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, and Bachelor Pad! I'm looking forward to some of the new shows coming out though like Last Resort and other shows that I can't remember the name of!! What shows do you like and recommend?

This has probably been the most boring and random post I've written in a while! Some things you can look forward to later in the week and next week is more recipes, a large segment on Cloth Diapers, DIY Mickey Mouse Invitations, and a product review and giveaway starting Monday! Please bare with me during these crazy days, I promise I will keep you updated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a reader of Mommy's Obsessions! We love to hear your feedback and enjoy reading your comments! We do take the time to read though the comments so if you have any questions feel free to ask and we will try to get back to you in a timely matter!

Mommy's Obsessions does not tolerate spam comments and they will be deleted immediately.